Tender prawns covered in a light, airy batter and deep-fried to golden perfection. A classic Japanese dish, popular for its simplicity and deliciousness. Do try this Prawn Tempura Recipe By Chef Zakir! It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, light enough for lunch but satisfying enough for dinner.
Perfect for a weeknight meal or appetizer.
How to make the Prawn Tempura:
- Prepare the The Batter: take a large bowl and whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and cold water. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this will make the batter tough.
- Frying: Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large pot. Dip each prawn in the batter, letting any excess drip off. Fry the prawns in batches for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Drain the prawns on paper towels.
- Serving: Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Check it out Prawn Tempura Recipe By Chef Zakir and printable version here!!
Do try this Prawn Tempura Recipe By Chef Zakir! It's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, light enough for lunch but satisfying enough for dinner.
- 12 large prawns peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 100 gm Rice Flour
- 100 gm Wheat Flour
- 100 gm Cornflour
- 2 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Ice Chilled water as required
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Spring Onion Finely Chopped
- 3 tbsp Japanese Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Pepper
- 2 tsp Castor Sugar
Heat oil in a saucepan, and add chopped garlic and spring onion.
Saute for 1 minute then add Japanese soya sauce, crushed red pepper, and castor sugar. Cook for a few minutes.
Remove the heat.
In a bowl, mix rice flour, wheat flour, cornflour and salt. Make into thick consistency batter with Ice chilled water.
Heat Oil in a Frying pan over medium-high heat.
Now dip each prawn in batter.
Fry in very hot oil till golden and crispy.
Remove from the oil and dish it out.
Delicious Prawn Tempura is ready to serve.
Serve with tempura sauce.
Useful Tips to Make Prawn Tempura
- For extra crispy tempura, use ice-cold water in the batter.
- Don’t overcrowd the pot when frying, as this will lower the oil temperature and make the tempura greasy.
- Serve your Prawn Tempura with a variety of dipping sauces, such as soy sauce, or mayonnaise with sriracha and grated ginger.
- You can also add other vegetables to the batter, such as thinly sliced zucchini or carrots.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!!
Here are some other Prawn Recipes to try !!
- Wasabi Prawns Recipe By Shireen Anwar
Indulge in a flavor explosion with these tantalizing prawns, where delicate seafood meets a lip-tingling wasabi kick. Dive into crispy perfection, one addictive bite at a time! Give it a Try!
Fancy up your hi-tea with these elegant little bites!
Craving bold & spicy? Look no further than Kung Pao Prawns! Juicy shrimp bathed in a vibrant sauce, bursting with the heat of chilies and the toasty comfort of peanuts, make for a dinner that’s as satisfying as it is exciting.
If you like Prawn Tempura Recipe By Chef Zakir and make it then let us know your feedback by commenting below.